Guide Coronavirus related FAQs for Benefits and Council Tax

Show all parts of this guide

10. I am self-employed and can no longer work or my income has been temporarily reduced

The government have introduced the Self-Employment Income Support scheme if you are self-employed and unable to work due to coronavirus.

What help an individual needs may be different to somebody else and could also depend on the type of business you have. For example

  • you may only want to delay a payment as you may still be able to work but are currently self-isolating, or
  • you may not be able to work at all as you have a business that is based in people’s homes

To make a claim for benefit.

If you do not want to make a claim you but need to have a break in your payments you can request this