Guide Coronavirus related FAQs for Benefits and Council Tax

Show all parts of this guide

9. I don’t know what my employer is going to pay me

If you are currently in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction

we will need to know what your employer is going to pay you so we can update your claim.

We realise that all employers are paying their staff different amounts, for example

  • some people will continue getting their full wage and others 80% of their normal pay through the new measures announced.
  • some people may be receiving sick pay as they are not able to work due to illness
  • others will be receiving no pay at all.

Please notify us of the change in your earnings and provide all the information you currently have. If we need further information to make a decision on your claim we will contact you.

If you are not in receipt of benefit

you may be able to make a new claim for Council Tax Reduction, Universal Credit and possibly Housing Benefit. Please follow the links in I have lost my job for further details.

If you do not want to make a claim

but need to have a break in your payments you can request this.