Guide Coronavirus related FAQs for Benefits and Council Tax

Show all parts of this guide

7. I have lost my job. What should I do?

If you have lost your job and need help paying your rent you will normally need to make a claim for Universal Credit. We are still able to pay Housing Benefit if certain criteria apply.

If you need help with your Council Tax payments you should make a claim for Council Tax Reduction with us as soon as possible.