East Devon District Council is contacting all businesses eligible to receive grants so they can access financial help as soon as possible – with the aim of making most payments as possible.
Who is eligible for business grants?
Many businesses currently in receipt of Small Business Rate Relief or Rural Rate Relief may be eligible for a £10,000 cash grant.
Any retail, hospitality or leisure business in receipt of Expanded Retail Discount with a rateable value of less than £51,000 will be eligible for a cash grant per property based on eligibility criteria below:
- Any retail, hospitality or leisure business with a rateable value of £15,000 or below may be eligible for a £10,000 cash grant.
- Any retail, hospitality or leisure business with a rateable value above £15,000 and below £51,000 may be eligible for a £25,000 cash grant.
- Businesses in breach of de Minimis State Aid limits are not included in this scheme. For more information about State Aid please visit www.gov.uk/state-aid.
- Businesses in receipt of Expanded Retail Discount (which covers retail, hospitality and leisure) with a rateable value of £51,000 or over are not eligible for this scheme.
- Businesses which are not ratepayers in the business rates system are not included in this scheme.
- Eligibility guidance is updated on the GOV.UK website.
How will I know if I’m eligible?
Businesses that are eligible for this support will receive a letter from East Devon District Council Business Rates team, which is being sent by post from 31 March 2020 to the registered business address. This will be accompanied by an email (where email contact information is held by East Devon District Council).
How do I apply?
You will need to complete a secure online claim form.
To apply you’ll need:
- Your Business rates account number
- Unique identifying PIN number from your letter from East Devon District Council
- A copy or image of your most recent business account bank statement
How long will it take to process my application?
Once you’ve submitted your form you’ll receive a confirmation email to say that we’ve received your form. The submitted bank statements need to be manually verified to prevent fraudulent claims.
We’ll contact you if we require any additional information as soon as possible after receiving your information. We will complete payment to eligible businesses in the minimum possible timeframe.
Once I’ve applied when will I receive the money?
Payments will be made direct into your business bank account by mid-April once information has been received via your application form and verified by our anti-fraud checks.
I know another business who I think is eligible but they may not be aware, what can I do to help?
Please share this information with any of your fellow businesses who you feel may be eligible for this grant support and encourage them to look for their letter or email, if they are able to do so, or to contact us by email email@example.com or phone 01395 517445.
I am not registered to pay business rates, am I eligible for a grant?
Questions on individual businesses eligibility for rates or grant aid need to go to the Business Rates email (firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01395 517445). If the business is able to supply evidence of backdated liability insurances certificates or proof of occupation such as lease and utility bills they may still qualify.
I’ve received a bill for my business rates for 2020/21, do I have to pay?
Bills were issued before the government announcement. Please see our Coronavirus Business Support Pages for more details.
Is there a cut-off date for registration for the Grant?
If you were not registered for Business Rates on the 11th March 2020 you may not qualify.
Are there any other sources of information and advice for businesses?
We regularly update our pages with the latest information for businesses.
The Heart of the South West Growth Hub provides the latest information and advice plus guidance for employers and local businesses.
General enquiries email@example.com Telephone 03456 047 047