Click on the START button below to begin the application process
The government has announced two cash grant schemes:
Scheme 1: Small Business Grant Fund
Businesses that qualified on 11 March 2020 for small business rate relief (SBRR), including those receiving a percentage reduction, or rural rate relief, will be eligible for a grant payment of £10,000.
Properties that are occupied for personal use (for e.g. private stables, beach huts, car parking spaces and personal storage) will not qualify. Properties for which liability is calculated using only the small business multiplier (this is shown on the business rates bill) will not qualify.
Scheme 2: Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Business Grant Fund
Properties that would have qualified for the retail discount on 11th March 2020 will either be entitled to:
- £10,000 where the rateable value (RV) of the premises is £15,000 or less or;
- £25,000 where the RV is greater than £15,000 but less than £51,000
- Premises with an RV above £51,000 are not eligible for this grant
Government issued guidance (1 May) explaining that businesses which make an overall profit once grant income is included will be subject to tax.
We are writing to all businesses who are showing as being eligible on our records to receive these grants so that they can access the financial help they need as soon as possible.
Any claims submitted for a non-eligible business will be considered fraudulent and funds will be recovered.
The funds can be accessed through a secure online claims system.
See our Business Grant Support FAQ's page for further guidance.
Click start to apply
Start the journey
More info about the journey
To complete your claim, you need:
- The unique identifying PIN number sent to eligible businesses direct in your letter or email
- Your business rate bill account number - an 8 digit number which you can find on your business rates bill.
- Your details as registered rate payer
- Your business details (including your VAT number if registered)
- Your bank account details and a photo or PDF of a bank statement to upload
Once you’ve submitted your form you’ll receive a confirmation email to say that we’ve received your form. The submitted bank statements need to be manually verified to prevent fraudulent claims.
We’ll contact you if we require any additional information as soon as possible after receiving your information. We will complete payment to eligible businesses in the minimum possible timeframe.
The online form is the only way of applying for the grant.