Closed business lockdown payment and Local Restrictions Support Grant – (Closed) Addendum: 5th January onwards
Following the Government’s announcement of the national lockdown, local authorities are administering a Closed Business Lockdown Payment (CBLP) and a new Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (Closed) Addendum: 5th January (LRSG) to businesses which provide direct in-person services from premises and so have been legally required to close from 5th January. Read the latest guidance.
A new payment for the period 16.2.21 to 31.3.21 has been added. This means there are two payments that can be claimed:
1st payment CBLP (05.01.21 to 31.03.21) and LRSG (05.01.21 to 15.02.21)
2nd payment LRSG (16.02.21 to 31.03.21)
You do not need to contact us, just complete the online form below. Businesses that received the first payment will receive an email from us with an access code and instructions on accessing these grants. The application form has been shortened and simplified to make it quicker for businesses to receive the financial help they need.
If you did not receive the first payment and you do not receive an email, please do not worry. You can still apply for this grant but you will need to complete the full form (it is the same form if you are claiming the first, second or both grants).
The closing date for the first round of payments is the 31.3.21
The closing date for the second round of payments is the 31.5.21
The Government's closing certain businesses and venues in England for this period includes businesses providing non-essential retail; personal care facilities; hospitality venues and leisure/entertainment.
The amount of grant funding that businesses legally required to close will receive is dependent on the current rateable value (RV) of your premises.
|Businesses occupying hereditaments with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on 5th January||£2,001||£4,000||£2,096||£8,097|
|Businesses occupying hereditaments with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on the 5th January||£3,000||£6,000||£3,143||£12,143|
|Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above on the 5th January||£4,500||£9,000||£4,174||£18,214|
|42 days||Single payment||44 days|
Please note, your business is not eligible for this funding if the following apply to you:
- Businesses that are able to conduct their main service because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate their services effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors).
- Businesses in areas outside the scope of the localised restrictions, as defined by Government, are also excluded.
- Businesses that have chosen to close but have not been legally required to, will not be eligible for this grant.
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of Subsidy allowance permitted under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance, the COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance and the COVID-19 Business Grant Special Allowance. Read more about this.
For the avoidance of doubt, businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
Every claim will be subject to anti-fraud assessment and account verification. Attempts to fraudulently claim public grant funding will result in funds being recovered and legal action being taken in every instance.
The funds can be accessed through a secure online claims system.
See the business grant LRSG frequently asked questions for further guidance.
Click start to claim using the short form, if you already claimed in November
Start the journey
More info about the journey
Ensure you have read and understood the Government guidance.
Ensure you have read the rules on subsidy allowance.
If you have received an access code, you will need:
- The business’ unique identifying Access Code,
- The business rate bill/account number (this is an 8 digit number beginning with 30******)
- The exact same sort code and bank account as provided in your application for the November 2020 national restriction support grant.
For all other applicants, you will need:
- Your business rate bill account number - an 8 digit number which you can find on your business rates bill.
- Your details as registered rate payer.
- Your business details (including your company number, VAT number if registered, Unique Tax Reference number or charity number).
- Your bank account details and a photo or PDF of a bank statement to upload.
- Either a Utility bill, Insurance certificate or Tenancy/lease agreement.
We will process your LRSG (open) v2 application as quickly as possible.
If we have any questions about the information you have provided we will contact you directly.
We will notify you by email of the outcome and if successful we will make the payment by BACS transfer to the account details you have provided.