As a result of December’s national restrictions, a new Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (Closed) Version 2 is available to businesses which provide direct in-person services from premises and were required to close from 2nd December. See the full guidance.
You do not need to contact us, just complete the online form below. We are writing to all businesses on our records who may be eligible to receive these grants so that they can access the financial help they need as soon as possible. You do not need to wait for the letter to apply.
In Tier 2, a business running a public house, bar or other business involving the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises was required to cease trading on 2nd December, unless alcohol is served as part of a substantial table meal. A “table meal” is a meal eaten by a person seated at a table or similar.
Please read the Government's list of business types which must close for this period and the Government's guidance for businesses to check if you are eligible.
The amount of grant funding that businesses required to close will receive is dependent on the current rateable value (RV) of your premises.
- Premises with an RV of exactly £15k and under will receive £667 for each 14 day qualifying restriction period.
- Those with an RV over £15K and below £51K will receive £1,000 for each 14 day qualifying restriction period.
- Premises with an RV of exactly £51k and over will receive £1,500 for each 14 day qualifying restriction period.
Business must be closed for the entirety of the 14 day payment cycle to be eligible. If a business is open and then decides to close during the payment cycle, it will only become eligible for a grant when it enters the next 14 day payment cycle.
Eligibility is subject to the following restrictions:
- You cannot claim this grant if the substantive element/majority of your business remains open and can operate remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors).
- Businesses subject to local restrictions that are implemented for less than 14 days are not eligible for grant funding.
- Business in areas outside the scope of the localised restrictions, as defined by Government, are also excluded.
- Business that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for this grant.
- For the avoidance of doubt you cannot claim if the business was in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made on or prior to 2nd December 2020
Every claim will be subject to anti-fraud assessment and account verification. Attempts to fraudulently claim public grant funding will result in funds being recovered and legal action being taken in every instance
The funds can be accessed through a secure online claims system.
Click start to claim
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need the following information to complete this form:
- your business rate reference (eight digit number beginning with a 3)
- your VAT number/UTR code/company number or charity number
- your latest full bank statement covering the November 2020 trading period - this can be a photo or screenshot but must clearly show the name on the account, your sort code and account number. This will be the account into which the payment will be made if your claim is successful.
We will process your LRSG (closed) application as quickly as possible.
If we have any questions about the information you have provided we will contact you directly.
We will notify you by email of the outcome and if successful we will make the payment by BACS transfer to the account details you have provided.