As a result of December’s national restrictions, a new Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (Open) Version 2 is available to businesses which provide direct in-person services from premises and were severely impacted by Coronavirus. See the full guidance.
You do not need to contact us, just complete the online form below. We are writing to all businesses that registered an interest to receive these grants so that they can access the financial help they need as soon as possible. You do not need to wait for the letter to apply.
The sectors we are supporting under this scheme are as follows:
|Sector||Types of businesses|
|Hospitality||Cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars, takeaways, coffee shops, social clubs|
|Leisure & sport facilities||Leisure centre & gyms, swimming pools, tennis, golf course, fitness & dance studios, village halls, community centres, etc.|
|Entertainment||Theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums, amusement arcades, bowling alleys, soft play centres, theme parks, etc.|
|Accommodation||Hotels, guest houses, bed & breakfast, holiday homes, caravan parks, camping sites, etc.|
|Supply chain to the hospitality, leisure & accommodation sector where more than half of the trade is with that sector||Catering, Breweries, event businesses, commercial laundry, marquee hire, boarding kennels, travel agents, catteries, wedding planners/photographers, etc.|
Non-essential retail (shops) that depend upon providing in-person services.
(these are businesses that would have been forced to close under the national restrictions applicable 5 November to 1 December)
|Clothing, homeware stores, electronic goods, etc.|
|Personal care facilities||Beauticians, hairdressers, nail salons, etc|
|Community centres, halls||Village halls, community centres, etc|
The amount of grant funding that businesses will receive is dependent on the current rateable value (RV) of your premises.
- Premises with an RV of exactly £15k and under or those without an RV (non-rated) will receive £467 or £667 for each 14 day* qualifying restriction period they were open or closed respectively.
- Those with an RV over £15K and below £51K will receive £700 or £1000 for each 14 day* qualifying restriction period they were open or closed respectively.
- Premises with an RV of exactly £51k and over will receive £1,050 or £1,500 for each 14 day* qualifying restriction period they were open or closed respectively.
*For any period less than 14 days under tier 2 or 3 restrictions this will be a pro-rata amount for the relevant number of days.
For ease the following table sets out what days and periods East Devon was in the tiered system before the current lockdown was put in place:
|5 November to 1 December||Second national lockdown||27 days|
|2 December to 30 December||Tier 2||29 days|
|31 December to 4 January||Tier 3||5 days|
|5 January onwards||Third national lockdown||TBA|
Businesses that can apply for this grant are asked to provide evidence of a drop in their turnover as a result of Covid-19, for the period of the restrictions. You will also need to demonstrate a minimum of £250 per month of fixed costs.
Eligibility is subject to the following restrictions:
- Businesses that are able to continue to trade and are not severely impacted as they can continue to provide their services normally.
- Businesses in areas outside the scope of the localised restrictions, as defined by Government.
- Businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of state aid permitted under the de minimis and COVID-19 temporary State Aid Framework.
- For the avoidance of doubt you cannot claim if the business was in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made on or prior to 2nd December 2020.
- Specific businesses subject to national closures since 23 March 2020 will not be eligible for this funding. They will be provided support through the strand of Local Restrictions Support Grant (Sector) for nationally mandated business closures.
- Seasonal businesses which normally close during the winter period (during period of LCAL2) will not be eligible for support under this scheme.
- Holiday accommodation that are business rated but unable to demonstrate that they are a genuine active business (i.e. not home share) will not be eligible for support. And
- Second homes (paying Council Tax) together with beach huts, telescopes, beach concessions, stables, etc will not be eligible to claim.
Every claim will be subject to anti-fraud assessment and account verification. Attempts to fraudulently claim public grant funding will result in funds being recovered and legal action being taken in every instance.
The funds can be accessed through a secure online claims system.
Click start to claim
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need the following information to complete this form:
- if rateable, your business rate reference (eight digit number beginning with a 3)
- your VAT number/UTR code/company number or charity number
- your latest full bank statement covering the November 2020 trading period - this can be a photo or screenshot but must clearly show the name on the account, your sort code and account number. This will be the account into which the payment will be made if your claim is successful
- information to show a reduction in turnover and fixed property costs to show the impact the local restrictions had on your business.
We will process your LRSG (open) v2 application as quickly as possible.
If we have any questions about the information you have provided we will contact you directly.
We will notify you by email of the outcome and if successful we will make the payment by BACS transfer to the account details you have provided.