Axminster Community Emergency Response (ACER)
A community response network bringing together a variety of organisations including Axminster Town Council, the NHS, Devon County Council, East Devon District Council and a wide variety of community and voluntary organisations.
They can provide support with:
- food concerns
- collecting medications
- a friendly voice at the end of the phone
To contact them:
Community Waffle House
The Community Waffle House in Axminster are helping co-ordinate a 'Phone Waffling Service' for local residents that are lonely or isolated to make sure that no-one goes without regular human interaction at this time. They are also running a community online Zoom meeting for those that they normally work with at Waffle and could potentially offer this out to more if needed. They're also working with tech professionals and volunteers to help provide digital support to people. They can offer this phone / online service to residents of: All Saints, Axminster, Axmouth, Beer, Branscombe, Colyford, Colyton, Dalwood, Hawkchurch, Kilmington, Membury, Nether Exe, Shute, Southleigh, Stockland and Uplyme.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07380 668228.
Headlight - support for young people
Headlight provides a friendly space for young people who are experiencing emotional and mental health issues and their families. Headlight is operating a ‘virtual’ service for young people in Ottery-St- Mary and in Axminster.
- Continuing to support young people on a one to one basis by phone, text and video conferencing.
- Having 'virtual' group meetings.
- They've also set up a Youtube channel with videos on hints and tips on coping with being in lockdown.
If you’d like to know more about Headlight's ‘virtual’ services please contact Ben Feasey, Headlight Manager, at email@example.com.
Project Food (previously known as HALFF), are offering:
- Free homemade ready meals to people in need, made and kindly donated by River Cottage and Monmouth Kitchen. Free fruit or veg boxes to go along with the free meals, paid for by a grant they’ve received.
- Dietary and nutritional advice.
- Delivery service of fresh fruit, veg, eggs, milk and fruit juice from their Project Food shop. People can phone and place the order over the phone for delivery to their door. Payment by card or cash.
Call them on 01297 631782. They can currently offer this support in; All Saints, Awliscombe, Axminster, Axmouth, Beer, Branscombe, Budleigh Salterton, Chardstock, Colyford, Colyton, Combpyne Rousdon, Cotleigh, Dalwood, Dunkeswell, Exmouth, Farway, Feniton, Gittisham, Hawkchurch, Honiton, Kilmington, Membury, Musbury, Newton Poppleford and Harpford, Northleigh, Offwell, Ottery St Mary, Seaton, Shute, Sidbury, Sidford, Sidmouth, Southleigh, Stockland, Uplyme, West Hill, Yarcombe.
This information is a work in progress and is going to be updated as it changes or new information is received. If you’re aware of anything that needs updating, adding or changing please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: We have not been able to undertake safeguard checks on all community / voluntary groups.