If you are self-isolating due to Coronavirus, here are some options for getting food delivered to you:
Family or Friends
Do you have family or friends that can collect and deliver shopping for you.
You can purchase directly from some local producers and retailers that deliver. There are also other local independent shops, farm shops, community shops and wholesalers who have innovated and expanded their services, with some running delivery and/or click and collect services for locals. Some hot food providers such as cafes, restaurants and takeaways will also be doing local deliveries. Details will be available locally and / or online.
Information on each main supermarket offering a delivery service are available at the links or numbers below (call charges may apply):
- Asda, or call 0800 952 0101
- Coop, or call 0800 0686 727
- Iceland, or call 0800 328 0800
- Marks and Spencer, partnered with Ocado
- Morrisons, or call 0345 322 0000
- Sainsbury’s, or call 0800 328 1700
- Tesco, or call 0800 323 4040
- Waitrose, or call 0800 188 884
Some supermarkets also offer click and collect services. You order online as you would for a home delivery, the supermarket do your shopping for you and your friend, relative or a volunteer go pick it up from outside of the store.
Services outside of the normal click and collect / home delivery services:
- Co-op are ordering a same day delivery service in some areas.
- Morrisons are offering a doorstep delivery service for people who are self-isolating, and also for the elderly and vulnerable who have no access to the internet so need to order by phone. You need to live within 15 miles of Morrisons store. You select your order from a list of 47 commonly bought products. You phone to order and it will usually be delivered the next day: 0345 611 6111, option 5
- Sainsbury's are offering a limited phone ordering service to vulnerable people who have no internet access, don't have anyone that can do shopping for them and can't access food any other way. They'll set up an account for you and take your order. Call: 0800 917 8557
- Morrisons food boxes. Order from a variety of standard food boxes online, including boxes for those with dietary needs. Can usually deliver the next day.
There are various companies who can provide food deliveries. For example companies that:
- deliver meal kits, you choose your meals and then the company delivers all the ingredients to your home for you to cook.
- deliver frozen meals ready for you to heat up. Sometimes these can be ordered by phone.
Other community support
Foodbanks provide free food for those that do not have enough money to buy food, usually because:
- You are struggling financially, need to find out if you’re entitled to benefits and need food in the meantime.
- Your benefits aren’t being paid yet.
- Your benefit payments have been delayed.
- You’ve had an emergency you have had to pay and you no longer have money to buy food.
There are 7 foodbanks that help residents throughout the whole of East Devon.
For a referral from us to a foodbank, and an assessment of how else we may be able to help you financially, please fill in our Financial Hardship form. If you are in urgent need of food or other essential things over a weekend call our emergency out of hours team on 01395 516854.
If you can't get deliveries that meet your needs
If you're self-isolating and have explored all the options above, but have been unable to obtain a delivery that meets your needs, please get in touch with our Coronavirus Community Support Hub on 01395 571500 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. If you are in urgent need of food or other essential things over a weekend call our emergency out of hours team on 01395 516854.