45. Newton Poppleford and Harpford
Budleigh Coronavirus Support
See the Budleigh Coronavirus Support website, which also covers Newton Poppleford with Harpford:
- If you are unable to leave your home, they can collect shopping or prescriptions. Please note: they can only do a weekly shop for essential items only.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulties, they may be able to help pay towards some of your shopping.
- If you'd like to volunteer.
Call them on 01395 446896 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newton Poppleford and Harpford Parish Council
Contact Chardstock, All Saints and Newton Poppleford and Harpford Parish Council Clerk, Paul Hayward: email@example.com or call him on 07711 929227
Sid Valley Food Bank
The Sid Valley Food Bank aims to ensure that those in need of free food during this time receive essentials, including school lunch replacement during school closures, where this is not provided by government measures. To get help from the foodbank you'll need to be referred to them, for a referral please contact East Devon District Council on 01395 571770.
Ottery Help Scheme
Older people who are vulnerable, for example those with long term health conditions such as dementia, physical mobility issues etc. can get in touch with Ottery Help Scheme for assistance on 01404 813041 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sid Valley Help
They can help with various services from dog walking to shopping, collecting meds and chatting on the phone to provide company and connection. If you need help and haven’t received an offer directly from a neighbour or through their postcard scheme:
- Call them on 01395 892011
- Email: email@example.com
If you are concerned about a neighbour, please contact them to discuss your worries.
Also see their website, which has further information.
Project Food (previously known as HALFF), are offering:
- Free homemade ready meals to people in need, made and kindly donated by River Cottage and Monmouth Kitchen. Free fruit or veg boxes to go along with the free meals, paid for by a grant they’ve received.
- Dietary and nutritional advice.
- Delivery service of fresh fruit, veg, eggs, milk and fruit juice from their Project Food shop. People can phone and place the order over the phone for delivery to their door. Payment by card or cash.
Call them on 01297 631782. They can currently offer this support in; All Saints, Awliscombe, Axminster, Axmouth, Beer, Branscombe, Budleigh Salterton, Chardstock, Colyford, Colyton, Combpyne Rousdon, Cotleigh, Dalwood, Dunkeswell, Exmouth, Farway, Feniton, Gittisham, Hawkchurch, Honiton, Kilmington, Membury, Musbury, Newton Poppleford and Harpford, Northleigh, Offwell, Ottery St Mary, Seaton, Shute, Sidbury, Sidford, Sidmouth, Southleigh, Stockland, Uplyme, West Hill, Yarcombe
Disclaimer: Please note we have not carried out safeguarding checks on any of these community / voluntary groups.
This information is a work in progress and is going to be updated as it changes or new information is received. If you’re aware of anything that needs updating, adding or changing please email firstname.lastname@example.org