9. Useful contact numbers
- Age UK Devon - 0333 241 2340
- Citizens Advice Bureau (Devon)- 03444 111444
- Debt advice Step Change charity - 0800 138 1111
- Devon Domestic Abuse Support Service - 0345 155 1074
- Devon County Council – 0345 155 1015 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturdays 9am to 1pm
- Devon Coronavirus Emergency Helpline - 0345 155 1011
- East Devon District Council customer services - 01404 515616
- East Devon District Council Coronavirus Community Support hub - 01395 571500 (open weekdays from 9am to 5pm.)
- Education queries – the Department for Education on 0800 046 8687
- Emergency 999 – only in an emergency for Police, Fire, Ambulance or Coastguard
- NHS 111 – Please only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
- Together Drug and Alcohol Service - 0800 233 5444
- Samaritans - 116 123
- Scam advice: Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline – 0808 223 1133
Your Member of Parliament
Central Devon constituency: Mel Stride MP, 020 7219 7037.
In a message to residents Mr Stride said:
This is a difficult and trying time for us all but we are rising to the challenge. Whether it is in our exceptional NHS, as a dedicated local volunteer or by diligently following advice to stay at home, each of us is playing a part in overcoming the coronavirus. However, none of this is easy. The Government is doing a great deal to help people through this exceptional time, as are local authorities and parish councils. If you have concerns, do contact me and I will do my best to point you to the available support or raise your situation with the appropriate bodies.
East Devon constituency: Simon Jupp MP, 020 7219 2639.
In a message to residents, Mr Jupp said:
I hope that you, your family and friends are well at this difficult time. I’m working closely with local businesses, community groups, the NHS and the government to help East Devon beat this virus. We must all play our part by staying at home to protect the NHS and save lives. The community spirit across East Devon is truly inspiring and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank our superb NHS workers.
Honiton and Tiverton constituency: Neil Parish MP, 0207 219 7172
In a message to residents, Mr Parish said:
The coronavirus outbreak has disrupted our lives in ways which, even a month ago, we couldn’t imagine possible. These are difficult times - and problems are cropping up in all shapes and sizes. Local and national government are trying to do everything possible to support you through this crisis. If you are a constituent and want to raise concerns or get advice, please do not hesitate to get in contact with my office and I will try and help.