13. Wild East Devon update
In response to the new lockdown in England for January we have made the difficult decision to enact the following temporary changes to our operations across our nature reserves. The below is now in place until Sunday 31 January.
• Our ten nature reserves remain open. Residents of East Devon can still use the green, open spaces while observing social distancing measures. We ask all visitors to our reserves to take extra care when making contact with surfaces such as gates.
• No events will take place in January. We had not planned to run any during January, although we hope to run family outdoor events in February Half Term. Visit our event pages here for up-to-date listings.
• We have paused volunteer activities on our sites. Recruitment of new volunteers is also suspended, but we have waiting lists for each of our roles. To add your name, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will be adding daily content to our social media platforms @wildeastdevon so you can stay in the loop with what we’re up to. We’ll be adding daily local walks ideas as part of a #walkwildeastdevon campaign throughout January.
• The toilets at Seaton Wetlands will remain open with a more regular cleaning schedule.
• The Discovery Hut at Seaton Wetlands remains closed until further notice.
• Our Tramper Hire service at Seaton Wetlands is suspended until further notice.
We have suspended moderate and above risk activities to ensure no avoidable call on our amazing emergency services, which means inconveniences such as temporary closures to some permissive paths may be in effect.
These measures will be under review by the team and any change will be communicated to all involved as the situation develops.
Thank you for your support of the team up to now, please stay safe and await further updates from us with regards to each aspect of Wild East Devon.
The Wild East Devon Team