3. East Devon Business Update
Business support and EU transition
Sign up for the Heart of the South West Growth Hub e-newsletters for the latest Government and local business support to help you address the impacts of Covid-19, EU transition and to support your business adaption, resilience, recovery and growth. Find links to the latest information, advice and support on the Growth Hub Covid-19 Support for Business.
Reduced VAT rate for hospitality, holiday accommodation and attractions
Businesses can check if they can temporarily reduce the rate of VAT on supplies including Retail Schemes. Catering businesses using retail schemes may have to alter their accounting systems for the period 15 July 2020 to 12 January 2021.
We are interested to hear about the impact this cut is having on businesses – please email your comments.
The new Business and Planning Act
· the purpose of the temporary off-sales extension
· the difference between pavement licences and alcohol licence
· the new summary off-sales review process
· general advice on conducting off-sales.
· Read the planning guidance.
More East Devon business news next week.