2. East Devon will be under Tier 2: High alert restrictions from Wednesday 2 December
East Devon will be under Tier 2: High alert local restrictions. This means that:
• You must not socialise with anyone indoors who is not in your household or part of your support bubble, at home or in a public space.
• If you are outside, you can meet in groups of six people from different households.
• Everyone who can work from home should do so.
• You should reduce the number of journeys you make, avoiding busy times and routes on public transport, and car sharing with those outside of your household or support bubbles. Walk or cycle instead if possible.
• Pubs and bars must close, unless operating as restaurants. Hospitality venues can only serve alcohol with substantial meals. Venues must stop taking orders at 10pm and must close by 11pm.
• Some businesses such as non-essential retail, leisure and sports venues can reopen providing they are COVID-secure.
• You must continue to follow Tier 2 restrictions if you travel to a Tier 1 area. You should avoid travel to a Tier 3 area other than where necessary, for example for work, education, medical treatment or to carry out caring responsibilities.