8. Winter opening hours introduced for public toilets across the district
Earlier this month, East Devon District Council introduced winter opening hours for its public toilet blocks. The toilets are now open from 8am to 7pm each day. Each toilet is being cleaned four times a day until October 31 and three times a day until March. Staff are using viracidal cleaning products to ensure they meet stringent Covid-19 standards. Every week the toilets will have a full site disinfected deep clean. Users are asked to continue to socially distance and use hand sanitisers provided.
Working with our town councils, we now have 18 public toilet blocks open in the district.
There are sited at:
1. Connaught Gardens - Sidmouth
2. Market Place - Sidmouth
3. Triangle - Sidmouth
4. Arches - Sidmouth (Sidmouth Town Council facility)
5. West Street Car Park - Axminster
6. Jubilee Gardens - Beer
7. King Street – Honiton
8. West Walk - Seaton
9. Harbour Road - Seaton open 5 days a week (Seaton Town Council funded facility open Wednesday to Sunday)
10. Dolphin Street car park - Colyton – (Disabled toilet)
11. Foxholes Car Park, Exmouth
12. Magnolia Centre, Exmouth
13. Manor Gardens, Exmouth
14. Phear Park, Exmouth
15. Queens Drive/Old Lifeboat, Exmouth
16. Steamer Steps - Budleigh Salterton. (These toilets will be closed on 31st October and the Station Road facilities in Budleigh Salterton will open on 1st November.)
17. East End (Lime Kiln) -Budleigh Salterton
18. Bus / Train Station - Exmouth (Exmouth Town Council funded facility)
We will keep you up-to-date with any changes.