11. East Devon Business Update
Watch your mailbox next week for a jam-packed business update with the latest for East Devon businesses, including free Adapt and Thrive business support, registering for kickstart scheme with us, test and trace app and all the latest guidance from government.
Exeter Aerospace opens its doors at Exeter Airport
A recruitment drive for 100 skilled positions is now underway. Dublin Aerospace Group, the aviation maintenance company based in Ireland, has established Exeter Aerospace in the location of the former Flybe Maintenance Services at Exeter Airport. Conor McCarthy, Chairman & CEO of Dublin Aerospace Group said: “We are thrilled to have made Exeter the home of our first UK MRO (Maintenance Repair and Overhaul) Centre. The availability of the Hangars and Workshops there, combined with a phenomenal pool of local aviation and engineering talent, makes this a hugely attractive location for us.”
Last chance to book for allergen webinar
Monday 5 October 2-3pm
Food businesses are invited to join Environmental Health and Trading Standards officers for a free, 1-hour webinar to learn how to control allergens in the food you serve. All attendees will receive a certificate of allergy awareness, which you can display to improve your customer confidence. The webinar will cover:
• The 14 legally recognised allergens and the relevant legislation.
• Practical advice on identifying allergens in ingredients and “may contain”.
• Practical advice about preventing cross-contamination risks.
• The importance of food management systems and practical implementation.
• Links to additional support tools, advice and step-by-step guidance.
• Changes to allergen labelling requirements in October 2021.
Plus there will be a chance to ask questions to get specific advice relating to your business.
Spaces are limited so don’t delay and book your place using the Eventbrite link