1. Update - 23 September 2020
Following the Government's announcement yesterday on new coronavirus restrictions being introduced in England, here's an update on the changes which are being implemented immediately.
The Government is:
• Changing guidance to ask people to work from home where they can
• Placing new restrictions on operating hours for hospitality, leisure, entertainment and tourism businesses,
• Putting more COVID-19 secure guidance for businesses into law
• Expanding the range of settings where these legal obligations regarding specific COVID-19 secure guidelines will apply
• Higher fines of up to £10,000 for businesses who break Covid-19 rules and the penalty for failing to wear a mask or breaking the rule of six will double to £200 for a first offence.
• Reducing the list of exemptions to the ‘rule of six’
• Pausing the planned 1 October changes for a return of business events and socially distanced crowds at sporting events.
• Expanding the settings in which face coverings are required
The following links give further information on the new restrictions:
Coronavirus (COVID-19): What has changed - 22 September
Staying alert and safe
Meeting with others safely (social distancing)
What you can and can't do - coronavirus outbreak frequently asked questions
Safer travel guidance for passengers
Safer transport guidance for operators
The Prime Minister's address to the nation