7. Devon County Council's new community fund
Devon County Council has launched the COVID-19 Prompt Action Fund to provide flexible resources to organisations working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus.
Grants are available for applications of UNDER £500 for community-led schemes, for small things that can safely address Coronavirus issues, including:
- Safe deliveries of essential goods and services to those who are vulnerable, such as foods and medicines.
- Support for accessing online information and services
- Virtual support groups to help people to stay connected and informed and to maintain and support mental health and wellbeing
- Transport related initiatives that support safe community responses to the outbreak.
Applications are accepted from constituted and not-for-private-profit Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector groups and organisations, Town and Parish Councils, charities or businesses, or a combination of such groups working together
For more information, email COVID19FUND@devon.gov.uk and mark your email SUPPORT in the subject line. The application form can be accessed online here: devon.gov.uk/document/covid-19-prompt-action-fund/