19. Looking after your mental wellbeing
The World Health Organisation has said physical health is crucial to chances of recovering from coronavirus and has emphasised that during lockdown we must make every effort we can to be as active as possible.
Read our guide to Taking Care of Your Mental Health and Wellbeing which is packed with resources from 10 minute work outs to help with anxiety and even financial matters. Take a look and please pass on to your friends and family who may also find some of this information useful.
There are many simple things you can do to help you stay mentally and physically active such as:
- look for ideas of exercises you can do at home on the NHS website
- spend time doing things you enjoy – this might include reading, cooking, other indoor hobbies or listening to the radio or watching TV programmes
- try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, drink enough water and try to avoid smoking, alcohol and drugs
- keep your windows open to let in fresh air, get some natural sunlight if you can, or get outside into the garden
- You can also go for a walk or exercise outdoors if you stay more than 2 metres from others.