Guide Become a Parish or Town councillor

Show all parts of this guide

5. What support will I get?

The Parish or Town Council is supported by the office of clerk.  Larger councils also have other staff to ensure delivery of the decisions of the Council and provide support.  As a new councillor you will be able to seek procedural advice and guidance from the clerk as well as through the Devon Association of Local Councils (DALC).  Appropriate training will also be arranged.