Guide How to complain about a councillor

Show all parts of this guide

1. How to complain

Any complaint about the conduct of a councillor should made using the Councillor Complaint Form and sent to:

Monitoring Officer

East Devon District Council

Blackdown House,

Border Road,

Heathpark Industrial Estate,


EX14 1EJ


Or emailed to

It is very important that you complete the form fully giving as much detail as possible and provide all the information and supporting evidence at the outset.

Once received, we will acknowledge your complaint within five working days and you can expect a response on the next stage of your complaint within four weeks.