Register of interests

Town and Parish Councillors are asked to complete their register of interests form and provide to their Clerk.  These forms can either be scanned and emailed to or posted to Democratic Services, East Devon District Council, Blackdown House, Border Road,  Heathpark Industrial Estate, Honiton, EX14 1EJ.

Any forms received by post will be scanned and returned to the Clerk.  Redacted forms (with the signature of the councillor removed) will be published on the council's website under Register of interests for town and parish councils.

Download the councillor register of interests form in word format

Information for Councillors:

Please note, you must also declare any interest of a ‘relevant person’ (spouse or civil partner or of any person with whom you are living as husband or wife or as civil partners) on sections 1 – 6 of the Register of Interests form, as defined in the Code. 

Since 2012, failure to notify the Monitoring Officer of a disclosable pecuniary interest without reasonable excuse has been a criminal offence. It is also an offence to knowingly or recklessly provide false or misleading information about a disclosable pecuniary interest. Any person may refer possible offences to the police for investigation; the courts have power to impose significant fines and/or disqualification from being a member or co-opted member for a period of up to five years. 

Please review the guidance from the DCLG (Department for Communities and Local Government) on openness and transparency on personal interests.

If you believe the public disclosure of an interest could lead to you or a person connected with you being subject to violence or intimidation, please contact the Monitoring Officer.

Declaration of acceptance of office

Declaration of acceptance of office forms need to be signed, and retained by the Clerk.

Download the declaration of acceptance form in word format

Useful Links:

Devon association of local councils

National association of local councils

Department for Communities and Local Government - Openness and transparency on personal interests

Members allowances

The calculation recommended for town and parish council special responsibility allowance and basic allowance is based on a percentage of district councillor allowances. This is calculated as follows:

  • 10 per cent of the district council basic allowance
  • 7 per cent of the district council basic allowance