5. What must a petition include?
Petitions must include all of the following:
- at least 25 signatures;
- a clear and concise statement covering the subject of the petition and which petition type it is (cf to section 3.1 above). It should state what action the petitioners wish the Council to take;
- the subject matter of the petition on each page;
- the name, address (or place of work or study if the person does not live in East Devon) and signature of any person supporting the petition; and
- contact details, including a phone number and address, for the petition organiser – this will be the person who we will contact to explain how we will respond to the petition.
The Council may also ask for such additional information as it may require in order to confirm that the petition complies with the requirements of this scheme.
The Council’s Monitoring Officer may decline to accept any petition where in his opinion the petition does not include any of the above.