5. Managing the Green Travel Plan
Communicating and raising awareness of the Plan
The plan will be launched and promoted via a flow of messages aimed primarily at staff and also members. Elected members will be included in these communications as appropriate. The public will also be made aware of the plan, e.g. via social media and newsletters.
- Promote the use of WhatsApp car sharing commuter groups via our moving to BlackdownHouse manual, staff awareness seminars, intranet and a direct e-mail campaign
- Update and maintain travel information pages on intranet and public-facing travel information pages for visitors
- Include relevant items on alternative travel options and incentives in Team Brief (e.g. the hire vehicle, pedal assist electric bicycle trials and purchase via the cycle purchase scheme, accessing discounted public transport deals)
- Work with Human Resources to co-ordinate promotion of incentives as part of staff benefits campaigns
- Provide a regular stock of walking, cycling, public transport and car sharing information and leaflets e.g. via reception areas
- Provide new employees with information on their journey options.
Monitoring and review
Annual travel surveys will take place to monitor the effects of this plan. It is hoped that these surveys will show a positive change in travel patterns following the implementation of the plan.
Roles and responsibilities
This policy will be jointly owned by the Strategic Leads for Housing Health and Environment and
Organisational Development and transformation.
Green travel plans from the following organisations have been consulted to inform East Devon’s
Green Travel Plan:
Devon County Council Teignbridge District Council Gloucester City Council
We would like to record our thanks to these organisations who have made their plans available either in person or via their webpages.