6. Who is responsible for delivering this policy
The following list describes what each group or person is responsible for:
Audit & Governance Committee
- To formally approve the Partnership Policy and Guidance.
- To monitor the Council’s partnerships to be reported to them once a year.
SMT (The Chief Executive, Directors and Heads of Service)
- To ensure partnerships are appropriate and managed and resourced effectively and in accordance with the Partnership Policy and Guidance
- To report to the Audit and Governance Committee as necessary.
- To ensure the Council manages partnerships effectively using the Partnership Policy and Guidance.
- To identify, assess any new partnerships the Council enters into.
Heads of Service and Corporate Managers
- Firstly, to identify and asses new partnerships and ensure that they are entered onto the SPAR.net system.
- Secondly, to manage, review and report on (or delegate the management, review and reporting of) partnerships effectively in their service areas.
- Enter new partnerships on the SPAR.net system if not entered by the HOS.
- Monitor their partnerships that they are responsible for i.e. ensure any performance and status information is up-to-date.
- Work to deadlines for updating SPAR.net when a review of the Partnership Register is required.
Member Partnership Representative (from the Audit and Governance Committee)
- To liaise with Management Information Officer regarding the status of the Partnership Register.
- To present the annual Partnership Report to the Audit & Governance Committee
Management Information Officer
- To liaise with Member Partnership Representative regarding the status of the Partnership Register.
- To ensure Responsible Officers know the deadlines for updating SPAR.net.
- To send emails to Responsible Officers to remind them to update the SPAR.net system.
- Collate and produce annual reports for SMT and the Audit and Governance Committee. Plus produce any other reports required.
Managers and other employees
- To comply with the Partnership Policy and Guidance.
- To carry out audits of the Partnership Register in order check that the policy and guidance is being adhered to and the framework is appropriate.