Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Guide Council Tax discounts and exemptions information

Show all parts of this guide

9. Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support (also known as Council Tax Reduction) is a local support scheme for anyone who is:

  1. responsible for paying Council Tax for their home. The person (or their partner) whose name is on the Council Tax bill and are
  2. unemployed or on a low income.

 For more information including how to apply please see Council Tax Support

When this content has been updated

Last updated 18 June 2019