If your Council Tax account is in credit we can:

  • transfer the money to another Council Tax account or
  • refund by BACs

Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button

You may not be able to have a credit transfer or refund if you have other Council Tax and business rates debts or overpaid Housing Benefit with us.

If the Council Tax was paid by Direct Debit the refund will usually be paid back into the bank account the payment(s) were from.

Before you start

Only complete this form if:

  • you are named on the bill or
  • you have written permission/legal authority to act for someone named on the bill and have provided evidence of this. The legal authority could be through a Power of Attorney, the Court of Protection or an authority to discuss.

Data Protection

Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of administering Council Tax.

  • Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in administering Council Tax.
  • Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
  • Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.

There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy