Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
Direct Debit ensures your instalments are paid on time and you don't need to fill in a new form every year.
You can spread the cost of your Council Tax over 2, 10 or 12 monthly interest-free payments and choose to pay on the 1st, 17th or 25th of the month.
We do not currently accept Direct Debit on weekly or fortnightly instalments. For these, please ask your bank to set up a standing order.
If you have reached final notice/demand stage, we need to talk to you before we can set up your Direct Debit as you have lost your right to pay by instalments. Please provide your mobile or landline so we can discuss reinstating them.
To change your existing Direct Debit bank details for Council Tax, you need to set up a new Direct Debit.
For more information about Direct Debits, including the Direct Debit guarantee scheme.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of administering Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in administering Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- your Council Tax account number
- your bank details.
Once we have received the information, we will send you within 3 working days
- a letter confirming the Direct Debit is set up and
- a bill showing your instalments
If you have reached final notice stage, we need to talk to you before we can set up your Direct Debit as you have lost your right to pay by instalments. Please provide your mobile or landline so we can discuss reinstating them.
Find about about Direct Debits, including the Direct Debit guarantee scheme.
Call us on 01395 517446 - please have your bank details ready.