We’re on the lookout for talented artists of all ages to get creative and inspired by nature at our ten reserves. Whether you are a little nature explorer looking for an arty project over the summer holidays, or an adult with a flair for the artistic, this competition is open to everyone.
What To Do
Create a piece of art inspired by of our ten nature reserves across East Devon.
Please email a photo of your artwork to email@example.com with the heading Art Competition 2020, and please include in the email your age and which nature reserve has inspired you. If your submission makes the shortlist, we’ll be in touch with further details after the competition closes. There’s no limit to how you create your artwork: paint, pencil, textiles, collages… anything goes!
Each shortlisted artwork will be included in an exhibition at Seaton Wetlands Nature Reserve in early 2021 and the artists will be invited to the opening ceremony. The chosen winners will have their artwork included in Wild East Devon’s 2021 calendar and shown across our nature reserves!
A special award and prize will be given for the top entry as chosen by our Wild East Devon Rangers.
- We must receive entries for the competition by Friday 4 September 2020. If shortlisted, we will require the original artwork. Artwork can be returned after the exhibition.
- When taking a photo of your artwork to send to us please make sure you use natural lighting and send us as high a resolution image as you can.
- We aim to inform all winners within 21 days of the closing date.
- If an entrant is under 18 they should ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
- Prizes are subject to availability. If, in circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the stated prize, we will try to arrange an alternative prize of a similar value. No cash alternative will be offered.
- Wild East Devon reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the WED’s control.
Cllr Geoff Jung, EDDC Portfolio Holder for Coast, Country and Environment, said:
During this period of Covid 19 Lockdown and the recent slow emergence of unlocking the value of access to our Nature Reserves and open spaces has been hugely appreciated by many people. This art competition will help inspire artists of all ages to visit these areas to create paintings and drawings for the Wild East Devon 2021 calendar and an exhibition at our award-winning Seaton Wetlands Nature Reserve. I am really looking forward to seeing the results.