Policy Complaints procedure

Show all parts of this policy

15. Housing Ombudsman

Complaints about social housing (landlord/tenant issues) may be referred to the Housing Ombudsman if a complainant remains dissatisfied with the council’s response. A period of eight weeks must pass between the council’s final response and the complainant referring the matter to the Ombudsman. During this time, the complainant may request consideration of their complaint by our designated tenant panel, MP or local councillor.

For further guidance on these options please read our Housing Ombudsman leaflet.

Contacting the Housing Ombudsman

Housing Ombudsman Service 

 Tel: 0300 111 3000