Over the last couple of years there have been a number of infectious disease outbreaks, serious accidents, and unfortunately deaths from drowning in pools in holiday homes and other small public pools.
The Environmental Health Team have been working closely with other Councils around Devon and received grant funding from BEIS enabling them to provide some heavily subsidised training for small pool operators to help them understand the issues involved in good management of the pool environment and the water quality of the pool.
At a bargain price of only £20 per person, including lunch, operators can have a full day training course, available at a number of dates and venues across Devon, including in Honiton.
The day will be presented by swimming pool industry expert, Paul Sharples and cover:
- Operator training
- Risk assessment
- Written procedures – Normal Operating Plan & Emergency Action Plan
- Pool hire arrangements
- Controlling poolside access
- Safe pool – physical surroundings, pool profile, outlets, inlets & features
- Safe use – pool rules, supervision & lifeguarding
- Safe plant – maintenance & record keeping
- Safe pool water - treatment, monitoring, corrective actions, recording & test kits
- Safe storage of chemicals & appropriate personal protective equipment
- Safe spa pool operation
Participants will receive a swimming pool operator work book to help plan works and structure the records that have to be kept.
Date and Venues
- Monday 3rd February – South Hams DC, Totnes, TQ9 5NE Book Online
- Tuesday 4th February – Torridge DC, Bideford, EX39 3DX Book by phoning 01237 428809
- Wednesday 5th February – Mid Devon DC, Tiverton, EX16 6PP Book by phoning 01884 234212
- Friday 7th February – Teignbridge DC, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX Book by phoning 01626 361101
- Friday 14th February – East Devon District Council, Honiton, EX14 1EJ. Book by phoning 01395 517457