If you own a commercial fishing vessel and export your products to the EU, most countries now require an Export Health certificate.  The certificate proves the fish have come from registered premises who apply good food safety controls and traceability.  A food hygiene inspection of a vessel will cover how the catch is handled and stored hygienically on board.

You must also tell us if your registration changes.

Freezer and Factory Vessels

Vessels that freeze fish on board and/or process fish and package these on board are considered to be 'approved premises'. A visit is required by the local authority before going to sea. The vessels are issued with a unique identification marking which must be placed on all packaging. Once you have registered we will contact you and let you know if approval is required.