Why does public health matter to us?
Most people want to be in better health. People are living longer, but often in poorer health. We believe we have an overarching responsibility to consider health and wellbeing in all our council activities.
Our strategic aims
To help more people be and stay healthy, to enhance self-care and community resilience, and to integrate and improve support for people in their homes.
How we will meet our aims
- Identify health and wellbeing priorities in each annual service plan
- Encourage officers, members and partners to help determine what is important to people
- Continue to build strong community partnerships
- Plan for healthy communities
- Ensure our outstanding environment contributes to health and wellbeing
- Ensure sufficient resources to reduce inequalities and achieve greater health and wellbeing
- Support East Devon’s communities and residents in making it a healthier place
- Seek and respond to new opportunities
- Embrace technologies for sharing health messages.
- Develop annual implementation plans with SMART objectives in all council services.
- Monitor progress.
- Report and publish progress annually.
Our priority activities
What we will focus on:
- Physical activity
- Diet and nutrition
- Mental health
- Loneliness and social isolation
- Long-term conditions
- Frailty and falls
- Housing and homelessness
- Indoor environment factors.
Where we will focus:
- Exmouth Littleham
- Exmouth Town Centre
- Exmouth Withycombe - Raleigh Moorfields Rd
- Honiton Dowell Street area near High Street