How to apply

If you want to change the details of your riding establishment licence we will need to approve this first.

You may need to change the details of your licence if:

  • the existing licence holder changes their name or contact details
  • there are changes to the licence, premises or how you operate that you need to tell us about
  • you want to add a horse to your licence or remove a horse 
  • you want to let us know that a horse or pony who has been unfit for work has returned to fitness

You can also use this application if you want to surrender your licence


There will not normally be a charge for administrative changes.

Depending on the changes, you may need to pay for a vet to inspect the premises. We will let you know if this will be needed and will ask you to pay the fee after the inspection has taken place.