The following East Devon public toilets have now re-opened from 8am - 7pm, unless otherwise stated:
- West Street Car Park, Axminster
- Cliff Path (West End,Steamer Steps), Budleigh Salterton
- East End (Lime Kiln), Budleigh Salterton
- Jubilee Gardens, Beer
- Dolphin Street car park, Colyton - please note we will only be opening the disabled toilet at this site
- Exmouth Bus/Train Station, Exmouth
- Foxholes Car Park, Exmouth
- Magnolia Centre, Exmouth
- Manor Gardens, Exmouth
- Phear Park, Exmouth
- Queens Drive/Old Lifeboat, Exmouth
- King Street, Honiton
- Lace Walk, Honiton - please note we will only be opening the disabled toilet at this site.
- Harbour Road/ Thury Harcourt Place, Seaton (*restricted opening times - see below)
- Seaton Wetlands, Seaton
- West Walk, Seaton
- Arches, Sidmouth - please note this facility is paid for and managed by Sidmouth Town Council, they will only be opening the disabled toilet at this site
- Connaught Gardens, Sidmouth
- Market Place, Sidmouth
- Triangle, Sidmouth
* Harbour Road/Thury Harcourt Place, Seaton will be open 5 days a week (Wednesday to Sunday) to cater for additional demand within Seaton. These toilets will be stringently cleaned 4 times a day up until 4:30pm but will remain open until 7pm.
Public toilet information
After a comprehensive review including site specific risk assessments the above 17 sites are now open.
We can’t re-open our remaining blocks (10 of 27) at this time due to resource, building design and budget limitations whilst meeting Government Covid-19 secure guidance on opening facilities. The re-opening of further toilets will be kept continually under review as Covid-19 restrictions are further relaxed.
The 16 open sites will be have an enhanced clean as required by Covid-19 secure government guidance to minimise the risk of viral transmission.
The toilets will be cleaned four times a day with virucidal cleaner and have external hand sanitisers/signage reminding people of hygiene and social distancing.
The toilets will be open from 8am to 8pm in the summer and from 8am-7pm from 1 October-31 March unless stated otherwise, to make allowances for the staff and budget restrictions and the enhanced cleaning required.
All other toilets in the district remain closed at this time, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. The closed toilets are:
- Brook Road Car Park, Budleigh Salterton
- Station Road Car Park, Budleigh Salterton
- Dolphin Street Car Park, Colyton - Ladies and Gentlemans toilets
- Imperial Recreation Ground (Royal Avenue), Exmouth
- Orcombe Point, Exmouth
- The Maer, Exmouth
- Jarvis Close, Exmouth
- Lace Walk, Honiton - Ladies and Gentlemans toilets (building of poor design for social distancing)
- Harbour Road/Thury Harcourt Place, Seaton - closed Monday and Tuesday
- Seaton Hole, Seaton
- Marsh Road, Seaton
- Port Royal (Alma Bridge), Sidmouth
Members of the public are requested to remain vigilant, and rigorously adhere to hand washing, hygiene and social distancing rules.
COVID-19 – Guidance on using public toilets
- Avoid using the public toilet where possible.
- Use at your own risk.
- These facilities are cleaned/inspected four times a day. It is still essential that you follow the guidance given to keep yourself and others safe.
- The toilets will be closed during cleaning.
- You must maintain social distancing and give people their space when entering, waiting or leaving public toilets.
- If on entry you are unable to maintain social distancing, please wait in the designated queuing area, keeping apart from others and avoid blocking the entrance.
- No more than 2 people should be in the waiting area at one time.
- Avoid touching surfaces where possible and do not touch your face.
- Before leaving the facility wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and dry thoroughly.
- Please use and leave the facility as quickly as possible.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided outside of the toilet block
- Please respect our staff.
Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe.