The following East Devon public toilets have now re-opened from 8am - 8pm, unless otherwise stated:
- West Street Car Park, Axminster
- Cliff Path (West End, Steamer Steps), Budleigh Salterton
- East End (Lime Kiln), Budleigh Salterton
- Station Road Car Park, Budleigh Salterton
- Jubilee Gardens, Beer
- Dolphin Street Car Park, Colyton - please note we will only be opening the disabled toilet at this site.
- Exmouth Bus/Train Station, Exmouth - The opening was funded by Exmouth Town Council
- Foxholes Car Park, Exmouth
- Magnolia Centre, Exmouth
- Manor Gardens, Exmouth
- Orcombe Point, Exmouth
- Phear Park, Exmouth
- Queens Drive/Old Lifeboat, Exmouth
- Lace Walk, Honiton
- Harbour Road/ Thury Harcourt Place, Seaton
- Seaton Hole, Seaton
- Seaton Wetlands, Seaton
- West Walk, Seaton
- Arches, Sidmouth - please note this facility is paid for and managed by Sidmouth Town Council, they will only be opening the disabled toilet at this site
- Connaught Gardens, Sidmouth
- Longpark, Sidmouth - please note the facility is paid for and managed by Sidmouth Town Council.
- Market Place, Sidmouth
- Triangle, Sidmouth
Public toilet information
After a comprehensive review including site specific risk assessments the above 20 sites are now open.
We can’t re-open our remaining blocks (7 of 27) at this time due to resource, building design and budget limitations whilst meeting Government Covid-19 secure guidance on opening facilities. The re-opening of further toilets will be kept continually under review as Covid-19 restrictions are further relaxed.
The 20 open sites will be have an enhanced clean as required by Covid-19 secure government guidance to minimise the risk of viral transmission.
The toilets will be cleaned four times a day with virucidal cleaner and have external hand sanitisers/signage reminding people of hygiene and social distancing.
The toilets will be open from 8am-8pm from 1 April - 30 September and 8am-7pm in the Winter unless stated otherwise, to make allowances for the staff and budget restrictions and the enhanced cleaning required.
All other toilets in the district remain closed at this time, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. The closed toilets are:
- Brook Road Car Park, Budleigh Salterton
- Dolphin Street Car Park, Colyton - Ladies and Gentlemans toilets
- Imperial Recreation Ground (Royal Avenue), Exmouth
- The Maer, Exmouth
- Jarvis Close, Exmouth
- King Street, Honiton
- Marsh Road, Seaton
- Port Royal (Alma Bridge), Sidmouth
Members of the public are requested to remain vigilant, and rigorously adhere to hand washing, hygiene and social distancing rules.
COVID-19 – Guidance on using public toilets
- Avoid using the public toilet where possible.
- Use at your own risk.
- These facilities are cleaned/inspected four times a day. It is still essential that you follow the guidance given to keep yourself and others safe.
- The toilets will be closed during cleaning.
- You must maintain social distancing and give people their space when entering, waiting or leaving public toilets.
- If on entry you are unable to maintain social distancing, please wait in the designated queuing area, keeping apart from others and avoid blocking the entrance.
- No more than 2 people should be in the waiting area at one time.
- Avoid touching surfaces where possible and do not touch your face.
- Before leaving the facility wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and dry thoroughly.
- Please use and leave the facility as quickly as possible.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided outside of the toilet block
- Please respect our staff.
Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe.