The Baily Thomas Charitable Fund
Grants from £250 for voluntary organisations that are actively engaged in the care of people with learning disabilities are available from The Baily Thomas Charitable Fund. To be eligible for an award, applicants must demonstrate that they belong to a voluntary organisation that is a registered charity or is associated with a registered charity.
The Devonian Trust
The Devonian Trust has grants for children and adults with physical disabilities living in Devon. Organisations helping those with physical disabilities may also apply. For more information write to: The Devonian Trust, Devon Community Foundation, The Factory, Leat Street, Tiverton, EX16 5LL.
Tesco Bags of Help
Tesco Bags of Help has grants available for charities and not for profit organisations. They can fund projects such as:
- Equipment or non statutory services for nurseries or schools eg Forest schools, library books
- Equipment for Brownie, Guide or Scout Groups eg camping equipment, badges
- Environmental improvements
- Play areas
- Counselling and support services
- Activities to support mental health
- Activities or equipment to reduce social isolation
- Equipment/kit for sports teams
- Services or equipment to support health issues such as cancer or dementia
- Equipment for village/community halls
The Barchester Healthcare Foundation
Grants of up to £10,000 are available from The Barchester Healthcare Foundation to organisations and individuals who are dedicated to improving the non-statutory provision of health and social care services available to elderly or disabled adults.
Abilitynet adjusts and adapts the technology of voluntary organisations that provide ICT services to individuals or communities with disabilities. For more information phone 0800 269545.