East Devon District Council endeavour to make this website as accessible as possible to everyone. This includes those with disabilities and those who use assistive technologies to browse the web. Some of the ways in which we strive to achieve this are as follows:
- We use standards-compliant valid HTML. This enables as much cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility as we can.
- We aim to meet AA Accessibility Standards as laid out by the Explanation of Level Double-A Conformance.
- Our site uses CSS for layout and styles. This allows users to change the text size to suit their needs.
- We provide a Text Only version for those who prefer this. As this is automatically generated its content is synchronised with that of the graphics version of the website. This ensures that it is not out of date or inferior in any way.
- All of our images include ALT text which provides a textual equivalent to describe the image to those who are unable to access it.
- Our site does not use tables for layout which should be beneficial to those who use screen readers.
- A skip navigation link is provided on all our pages to allow users to skip straight to the main content of the page. This can also be especially useful to those who use screen readers.
Further information can be found on the RNIB - Web Access Centre websites.