There are a variety of ways for you to get involved with the council, meet other tenants and get to know our staff. As a tenant you are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we’re working hard to get you involved in every step of the way.
It doesn’t have to be time consuming or complicated and if you want to get involved you can be sure of a warm, friendly welcome and the support of a team who really want to work with you. No special skills or qualifications are required - but we can offer you support and training if this is something you want to develop.
So you’d like to get involved – how much time have you got?
- enter the garden competition (once a year)
- join a residents association (about two hours every three months)
- join the e-consultation group (about 30 minutes every two months)
- take part in postal surveys (about 30 minutes every two months)
- join the reading panel (about two hours every two months)
- stand for the housing review board (at least three hours once a month)
- join a service review group (about three hours every two to three months)
- designated tenants complaints panel (about four hours once a month)
- join the scrutiny panel – this panel does take up a lot of time, about three hours every two to three weeks
For more information about the different ways to get involved and the commitment between us, tenants, leaseholders and staff, please click on the updated Resident Involvement Strategy document.