1. What we are doing to make sure tenants and their families are safe in their homes
Work on making sure that all our properties and communal areas meet current fire safety standards is our top priority.
The work currently being undertaken includes:
- Working with all residents of communal blocks of flats to make sure that no items of any kind are stored in the communal areas
- Working with tenants to explain their responsibilities to make sure the areas they live in are kept safe from fire
- Making sure all housing officers understand their responsibilities and report any problems to the estate management team
- Visiting all communal areas to check that they are free from fire risks
- Helping elderly and disabled tenants clear out their loft space and checking the loft area for proper fire breaks and any potential electrical dangers
- Reviewing and redrafting all our policies and procedures around fire safety
Our Fire Safety policy provides further information and can be viewed here.