Under the terms of your lease you may need our permission - in writing - to make any alterations to your home. Please write to the assistant programmed works officer giving as much information as possible. We will write to you to say if we give you permission and if we cannot give permission we will explain why. You may also need planning or building regulations permission before you start work.

If you carry out any alterations or improvements without our permission you may be breaking the terms of your lease and such alterations will not be insured under our policy for the building.