5. Our improvement voucher scheme
As well as the government’s legislation on tenants’ rights to compensation for improvements, we provide a tenant improvement voucher scheme.
If you plan to carry out improvements to your council home or have done so within the last six months, you may be able to get some financial assistance towards the cost of the works.
The voucher scheme applies to the following improvements:
- bath or shower, wash-hand basin or toilet
- kitchen sink and work surfaces
- storage cupboards in bathroom or kitchen
- heating improvements
- replacement external doors and frames
- renewable energy efficiency improvements
You can claim financial assistance for the cost of materials (but not appliances such as cookers and fridges) and labour costs (but not your own labour). You will need to give us a written estimate or quotation to show how much your improvements cost.
Applications will be considered in the order in which they are received. We have a limited budget for this work and once it has been used up no further grants will be available until the new financial year.
Please contact us for further information.