Preparing for a brand new repairs service – what you need to know
- The current agreement we have with our Partners (MD Group and Skinners) to carry out repairs will come to an end on 30th June 2019.
- Following a comprehensive competitive tender process we have appointed Ian Williams Ltd as contractor for the new service, starting on 1st July 2019.
- We have been involving tenants in lots of different ways throughout the process, such as working with the Repairs Service Review Group and Tenant Involvement Forum.
- We are introducing some changes to the contract that will focus on how we can achieve better value for money. We will do this by introducing the concept of a ‘price per property’ model.
- ‘Price per property’ means we will pay one price per property. There will of course be rules around what is included and what is not included for this price.
- Improvements to look out for from 1 July 2019 include:
- Appointments made for all repairs the first time you ring up
- Access to the service will be extended – longer working hours and some Saturday appointments
- Properties to have an annual maintenance check, we hope this will reduce the number of repairs during the year
- We can also confirm that the Handy person service will continue
- We know that many of our MD Group and Skinners staff are familiar faces to you; don’t panic! Under legislation called TUPE (transfer of undertaking, protection of employment) you will continue to see the same team out and about.
- Interested to have your comments – please write to the Housing Service, EDDC, Blackdown House, Border Road, Heathpark Industrial Estate, Honiton EX14 1EJ, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet using the #EDDCtenantshomerepairs