What is a temporary event notice?

A temporary event notice (TEN) can authorise licensable activities at an event lasting for seven days or less that is for under 500 people.

The licensable activities are:

  • the sale by retail of alcohol
  • the supply of alcohol to a club member or their guest
  • regulated entertainment
  • late night refreshment

You can look at a list of temporary event notices that have been applied for, including past events in our district by viewing our licensing public register. Select Premises Register under the Licensing Act heading and search by Applicant surname, Premises Name or any other details you may have.

What can I do if I want to object to the event?

Only the police and the environmental health service are able to object to a TEN.

How can I make a complaint about an event authorised by a TEN?

If you have a complaint about public nuisance such as excessive noise at any event you can contact our environmental health service on 01404 515616.  If you have an urgent problem out of office hours then you can telephone them on: 0330 678 2382.

If you have a complaint about crime and disorder at an event you can contact your local police on 101 or, of course, dial 999 in the case of an emergency.