Coronavirus guidance

The Fundraising Regulator publishes guidance and resources to support charities, fundraising organisation and the public during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.


If you want to carry out a charitable house-to-house collection in East Devon you'll need to apply for a permit.


If you have a Home Office exemption you don't need to apply for a permit.  

Even if you have a Home Office exemption Please still tell us about the date and location of your collection so that we can try and avoid double booking an area.

How to apply

If you don't have an exemption you'll need to apply for a house to house collection permit.


You'll need to apply for the permit at least 28 days before you want to make the collection.


When we grant a permit to collect we'll also send you a certificate for the information of HM Stationery Office.  This certificate must be taken or sent to HM Stationery Office who will issue you with the prescribed certificates of authority and number of badges that you need.

Please be aware that it is an offence for any collector to collect without having in his or her possession the required signed authority and badge.  

The address of HM Stationery Office is:

St Clements House
2 - 16 Colgate
Telephone number: 0870 6005522

When you've carried out the collection you'll need to fill in and send us a return giving an account of monies raised.  You'll need to supply us with a return for a house-to-house collection within one month of the collection.