2. Section B - premises licences
To apply for a premises licence you must complete an application form. Forms are available on our website or from the Department of Culture Media and Sport (DCMS). The mandatory and default conditions will be added although you may apply for specific times.
Premises licences once granted will last for the life of the business and therefore will not need to be renewed although an annual fee must be paid.
You will need to complete an ‘Application for a premises licence to be granted under the Gambling Act 2005’, the ‘standard’ form is the form to be used for all Premises except Vessels which have their own application form. Details of the forms required are can be found on our webpages for gambling premises licences.
The application will need to include the following:
- completed application form
- a scale plan of the premises – (see Section D)
- the fee (see section E)
- the applicant must give notice to each of the responsible authorities, (see section F)
- the application must be advertised (see below)
Notice to responsible authorities
The applicant has to send a notice to each of the responsible authorities listed in section F within a period of seven days beginning on the date on which the application is made. Details of the form required are in our guide to the display of public notices.
Matters included in square brackets in the notice are intended to indicate and explain the information to be specified in the notice but are not required to be included in the notice.
Advertisement of applications
In the case of an application for a premises licence the applicant must advertise the application
- For a period of no less then 28 consecutive days starting on the day after the day on which the application was made to East Devon District Council by displaying a notice on the premises in a place at which it can be conveniently read by members of the public from the exterior of the premises, and
- By publishing a notice:
- in a local newspaper circulating in the vicinity of the premises
- on at least one occasion during the period of 10 working days starting on the day after the day on which the application was given to East Devon District Council
Details of the notice specified for both the site notice and the advertisement is given in bold at the bottom of this section. Matters included in square brackets in the notice are intended to indicate and explain the information to be specified in the notice but are not required to be included in the notice.
Forms for making such an application are available from our website or by contacting us on 01395 517411 or email to email@example.com.
The application forms for a premises licence are:
- Form GA001 - Application for a premises licence to be granted under the Gambling Act 2005
- The appropriate form relating to vessels is GA002
Notice to responsible authorities forms are Form GA009 for ‘Notice of application for a premises licence’ [this form to be used where there is only one applicant] is on our website.
Notice to responsible authorities forms are Form GA010 for ‘Notice of application for a premises licence’ [this form to be used where there are multiple applicants] is on our website.
Form GA015 for the ‘Notice for advertisement required for a new premises licence application’ is on our website.
Mandatory and default conditions
These conditions are added to all granted premises licences. They vary depending on the premises type. The list is quite extensive so they are available as a separate document on our website.