Please read our information about permits for gaming machines before you apply.

How to apply

You can only apply for a club gaming permit If your premises is a members' club or a miner's welfare institution.  You can't apply if your club is a commercial club. 

You'll need to fill in an application form and send this to us. 

We'll need to know:

  • your details
  • details about the premises
  • whether your club is a members club or a miners' welfare institute -  you'll need to give us proof of your club's status
  • a detailed plan of the premises - you can find out more about this in our guidance for plans


You can find out about restrictions on club gaming permits in our guide to applying for gambling act licences.

Responsible authorities

You'll need to give notice of the application to:

  • the police and
  • the Gambling Commission

You must do this within seven days of applying.  You can find their contact details in our guide.


You'll be charged a fee for this application. Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost.

Fast track process

If your club already holds a club premises certificate issued under the Licensing Act 2003 then you can use the fast track process for applications. 

You'll still need to:

  • complete the application form
  • pay the fee
  • give us a plan of the premises

You don't need to provide proof of your club's status or send a copy of the application to any other authorities.