Please read our information about permits for gaming machines before you apply.

How to apply

If you want to run a family entertainment centre or amusement arcade with unlimited category D gaming machines you'll need to apply for a permit. 

You'll need to fill in an application form and send this to us. 

You'll need to give:

  • your details
  • details of the premises
  • a declaration that you occupy or propose to occupy the premises and are over 18
  • a plan of the premises


You can find out about restrictions on gaming machines in unlicensed family entertainment centres in our guide to applying for gambling act licences.


You'll be charged a fee for this application. Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost.