Please read our information about permits for gaming machines before you apply.

How to apply

If your premises is licensed to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises, you have an automatic entitlement to have one or two category C or D gaming machines. 

All you'll need to do is fill in a notification and send this to us. 

We'll need to know:

  • how many gaming machines you want and whether they are category C or D machines
  • your details (as premises licence holder)
  • details about the premises
  • if you want a receipt for your notification


You can find out about restrictions on gaming machines in alcohol licensed premises in our guide to applying for gambling act licences.


You'll be charged a fee for this application. Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost.